- Download and complete the membership application.
- Sign up for two observer shifts. Turn in the completed Observer Agreement and Guidelines at the beginning of your first observer shift.
- Have three professional references complete the reference check forms. Then, have them place the completed forms in an envelope and have them sign over the seal of the envelope. Make sure your name is printed on the front of the envelope along with "Attn: Membership Chair"
- Return the completed application and sealed reference checks to the Broadway Station or mail them to P.O. Box 666, Broadway, VA, 22815.
- Complete the background check process
- An interview will be scheduled with the Membership Committee
- Upon recommendation of the Membership Committee, you will be brought in as a Probationary Member at the next regularly scheduled Membership Meeting.
- After six months of Probationary status, your performance will be reviewed and your application for full membership will be voted on by the Membership at the next regularly scheduled Membership Meeting.
Background Check Process
- Obtain a fingerprint card from the Rockingham County Fire and Rescue Office located at 20 East Gay Street in Harrisonburg.
- Take the Fingerprint card to the Rockingham County Sheriff's office located at 25 South Liberty Street in Harrisonburg to get fingerprinted. Fringerprinting is only available on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Return the completed fingerprint card to the Rockingham County Fire and Rescue Office and advise them you are seeking membership at the Broadway Emergency Squad, Inc. The results of the background check will be sent to the Captain and, if clear, an interview will be scheduled with the Membership Committee at a time that best suits you.